
Okay, here's a little riddle for you: What do you get when you combine $9.80 Six Flags Tickets, almost 90 degree HUMID weather and me? Answer: The hottest, most crowded friggin' day I ever thought possible! I guess I should have figured that with tickets discounted so heavily every Tuesday in July, that everyone and their mom...no wait...everyone and their scantily clad girlfriend, would show up at the park.
As soon as we got there at 10:30am we headed to the waterpark and had a good time for a couple hours until it got so crowded I didn't not think one more person would fit onto the premises. Then we ate lunch (a steal: $35 for a pizza and 1 soda). Next we headed into the main park to ride the rides...or at least try to. The only ride we actually got to ride was the hot air balloon thingy pictured above. After that we headed to the Ferris Wheel where we waited for approximately 30-40 minutes before being told that they were closing it down due to lightening in the distance. Well, by this point I was so irritable (and so were the girls) that we headed home. Once we got in the van the rain started and we actually had to pull off the road b/c we literally could not see 5 feet in front of us. We also saw a car on the opposite side of the freeway hydroplane and crash into the median, so...we were a little freaked out!
Long story short, I should have stayed home and taken the girls to the MAC pool where we have summer membership and it would have cost us nothing! Oh well, you gotta try something new every once in a while.
On an unrelated note, does any one else get FREAKED OUT by walking around waterparks without shoes on. I mean, really, it is SOOOOOO gross. The warm water and weird things sticking to my feet literally almost makes me dry heave right now just remembering it. Ewwww!
.jpg)
5 comments:
You are a brave woman for even trying it in the first place. I hate crowds and heat too.
I hear you about the lack of clothing at those places. I felt like I needed to cover the boys' eyes (and mine ) in Dallas.
Oh dear! Sorry it was such a raunchy day-glad you made it home though in one piece, and your van too. And I agree with Tisha-you are a brave woman!
Remember last time we were there there was a naked boy walking around peeing on everything. He wasn't a cute "little" boy either. And yes, the bare feet thing grosses me out, especially in the locker room. It makes me gag!
Sorry you didn't have a good time:( Last week it was unusually cold --high of 80-- and raining but it was the only Tue. we could go so then there weren't very many people.
Post a Comment