Friday, September 7, 2007

Becoming Jane

I just saw Becoming Jane tonight. It was good. It had the distinct feel of Pride and Prejudice mixed with Persuasion, but I guess that's kind of what they were going for. I had to come home and dig out my biography on Jane Austen and read it through again to find out how accurate the movie really was. Surprisingly, it seems like everything was at least based in truth, with significant liberties of course! Regardless, give me a British accent and the late 1700's and I'm a fan. Too bad Anne Hathaway was Jane...no me gusta. Other than that I would totally recommend it.

2 comments:

Kleanteeth said...

Not a Hathaway fan, huh? Well, I like her, but not sure I can picture in in the Jane Austenesque kind of role. I just say Pride and Prejudice, the one with Keira Knightley. Usually I hate those kind of movies, but I have to say I loved that one and I liked Mr. Darcy too.

Kleanteeth said...

so I need to proofread. I have two ins and it's saw not say.