Friday, November 23, 2007

Black Friday


Yawn! Boy am I tired. This morning I woke up at around 4am for our yearly ritual of Black Friday Shopping. This is my van when we got home. The back seat was folded down into the ground, so the entire back half of my van was full to the ceiling just about. We got some great deals. The best of which I thought was a 8 mega pixel digital camera for $89. My mom also got Jenna a Power Wheels! I wonder if she's old enough to maneuver that, or if it will just end up rammed into things with her stuck and crying.

This years proceedings went off with hardly a hitch. Aside from a near fatal paper cut in line at wal-mart, me blocking out the line cutters at Target and nearly fainting with the dizziness caused as a side effect of my sleeping pills, it was a a fairly smooth process. I love Black Friday shopping because for a little sweat and sometimes blood, you can get great deals and more presents for others than you would have normally been able to get. Although, as I sit here in the quiet of my computer room, there is something to be said for buying online!

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving and and happy Black Friday!

PS... A couple of funny Jenna things

We're running late for my class at the gym, so Jenna's eating her breakfast (a banana) in the van. I hand it to her and she says, "I'm not going to make a big mess in mommy's new van. That would make you so sad." Yep, I don't want you to make a big mess in the new van, so be very careful. "Awe, don't worry mommy. We can get you a new van, you just have to think positive!"

Matt is telling Jenna she needs to pick up her toys and put them away before we can play a game. She doesn't listen, so Matt tells her again, a little louder, Jenna you need to pick these toys up, I already asked you twice! Jenna says, "MATTHEW! It's not a big deal!"

1 comment:

Kleanteeth said...

Wow, that's some crazy shopping. I hit a few stores, but I didn't wake up til about 6. I can't stand the crowds. What's up with the minivan, is that a hint at more kids?