Saturday, November 24, 2007

Too Much Fun

So, you can tell what your priorities in life are when you can say, "No, Mr. Salvation Army elf, I can't spare 75 cents to drop in your bucket, but have fun freezing in the cold." While in the next breath you are calling your local Dish provider and upgrading your package so you can watch the BYU v. Utah game on the coming Saturday. "$18 to watch the BYU/Utah game...that's a steal--totally worth it!"

Needless to say, we watched the BYU v. Utah game today. Despite the slight guilt I felt that Matt upgraded solely for that one purpose, we did have a great time! Our friends the Hammond's came over with two little boys just older and younger than Jenna. She was in Heaven playing with her nursery friend "Griffie" (Griffen) as she was calling him. Anyway, the game went on right during her nap time, so of course, napping was out of the question. But not 30 minutes after our friends had gone, I noticed things were more quiet than usual and I found Jenna, who, by the looks of it, was trying to read some books on her bed. Unsuccessfully, you'll notice.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Lucky you, she fell asleep, that is to cute! thanks again for having us over, we had a gret time, and I know Jon was so greatful you upgraded, I don't know what we would have done if we weren't able to watch "The Game"

Tisha said...

That is HILARIOUS that Matt upgraded just for "the game" hopefully you got some other cool channels you can enjoy!

Chanda said...

FYI - My husband does the same thig with our Dish for the BYU games and if you call back the next day to downgrade back to your regular program, they only charge you $5. We felt a little guilty about it, but the guy from Dish actually told us to do it that way! He said people do it all the time and they don't mind - that's why they charge the $5 programming fee. Then you can give $13 to the Salvation Army. (or get a pedi) ;)