So these last couple of days I have spent, well, throwing up to be frank. It's been pretty terrible but it's over now, so I can look back at it with a sense of humor and realize some funny moments despite my misery.
Jenna was so cute trying to "take care of Mommy" as she called it. She would constantly come into the bedroom and ask me, "Mommy, are you about to throw up, do you want me to get you a bowl? Do you need me to hold your hair?" (This is what I do for her when she's sick).- One time Jenna came into the bedroom and Matt started telling her, "Jenna let Mommy rest!" She came in anyway and started saying "I'm just coming in to take care of my mommy, don't worry about it." It was at this point that the sound of the Disney DVD started playing in the living room. She quickly came to my bedside and patted my back, "I'm gunna take care of you Mommy, just as soon as my movie is over!" Bam! She was out of there. I see how deep her loyalties truly lie.
- I was "pampered" all weekend by Jenna (and Brooke) who know that I love to have my hair played with and my back tickled. Truth be told, these pampering sessions were probably more painful than pleasurable, but it's hard to squelch their serving spirits.
- On Sunday, after taking care of Jenna and Brooke for two full days (and nights when Brooke started barfing) while I was down and out, Matt came in the bedroom and said, "You're so lucky! I wish I could get the flu and sleep all day and night." FYI, it wasn't all sleep buddy!
Here's the "pampering" first hand.

I guess all that taking care of me really wore Jenna out, because she fell asleep in this chair "doing her homework." Which is really just scribbling in a notebook with a pencil.
.jpg)
9 comments:
I'm so sorry your weekend was ruined. I was throwing up last night too, so I of all people understand. It looks like you were in good hands.
See, you are raising good girls. I don't know why you aren't ready for more?
Oh yuck! Sorry you had such a nasty weekend! It must be nice having such "helpers" there to "take care" of you! :D
Gotta love having girls. It is in our nature! Glad you are feeling better!
What cute little nurses you have.
I'm betting the same incident happened with Matt as with Jenna and the Disney movie, except that it was the BYU game in Matt's case.
I'm glad your feeling better (and not just because that means you'll be at church next Sunday.)I laughed so hard at Jenna's photo shoot. She has a great silky look.
wow, this sounds like a simple diagnosis... pregnant? scary! jk, wouldn't wish that on you yet! so i've got to meet jenna. she seriously sounds like a hoot. i could probably hang out with her all day and be entertained. now, in case you haven't heard, Direct TV carries all the mountain west. I hesitate to tell you that b/c now you're going to feel obligated to switch cable networks, but it is what it is!
Glad you're better. And with all that "help" how could you not be?
and I'd like to personally thank Matt for that photo of you and the girls. Totally gave me a visual of all you have had to endure!
At least you had the girls to take care of you. Ben's version is just locking me in my room. At least he does keep the kids out of the way. No, if you were pregnant, that would be Matt spontaneously barfing instead of you. haha
Post a Comment