
So this actually happened a couple weeks ago, but my camera's been weird and I just haven't gotten around to blogging about it until now. Anyway, the story is this: I turn the oven on to preheat at 400 degrees, then walk away and go about my business. My oven takes like 10 minutes to preheat, so I was not sticking around to wait. Anyway, when I walked back into the kitchen I smelled almost a sweet burning smell. Wondering what was going on, I looked in the oven and behold, there was Dora, arm on fire and melted hair dripping down my oven.
The picture above was recreated for the purposes of this blog (yah, Brooke watched me stick Dora in the oven and take her picture...that's going to come back and bite me later on).

Here are the results. Dora's hair is no longer two cute piggy tails of kind of waxy doll hair. It is now one big hunk of hard plastic melted together. Her arm, well, it's seen better days. The funny thing is though, she still works. If you squeeze her belly she says things like "Goodnight" and stuff and despite being baked in the oven, she still works just fine. Because of this, Matt refused to let me throw her away. So, baked to a crisp or not, Brooke is still sleeping with toasty little Dora every night.

When I asked Jenna "what the devil" she was thinking, she told me she was putting Dora in the oven to bake, like it was a totally sensible thing. I realized I couldn't get mad at her because, in her defense, we've never had a "Don't put toys in the oven" talk. However, she knows she's not allowed to touch the oven, so I did bust her on that. I will say, she is now fully aware that we do not saute, puree, bake, fry, simmer, barbecue, roast, toast or grill our toys.
10 comments:
I did notice that Jenna didn't put her own toy in the oven, but Brooke's. That's what siblings are for I guess. Poor Brooke. I want to buy her a new doll. Too bad Jenna doesn't get an allowance yet. You could do some serious deducting. :)
Oh Jenna. She is so sneeky and naughty!
They are always up to something funny, All I can say it that I am glad that I was not there to smell that, ugh, I can only imagine that smell! YUCK!
That's so funny! Carsyn would pull a stunt like that! Miss you guys!
I'm sure it isn't funny to you--but seriously I am so laughing hard!!:)
Okay, that is SO FUNNY! LOL- So does that mean I need to have that talk with my girls?
At times like this you just need to laugh and be grateful you have such an intelligent child. She's a regular little iron chef!
Yum! I love grilled Dora.
What about filleting, Kel? ;)
Hahahaha!
She should have blamed it on Swiper. He's a little bugger.
hilarious, as usual! Never a dull moment at your house.
Post a Comment