There are many times in life when I feel that shutting up and sitting down is probably the wisest decision. I am, in many ways, a pacifist and inherently non confrontational. However, there are some things in life worth saying, "What the crap?! There is NO WAY I'm standing for that!" Abortion just happens to be such an issue for me. Who will be the voice for these nameless babies that cannot speak for themselves? If not me, if not you, then who?
Obama has made it perfectly clear that he plans to sign the Freedom of Choice Act as one of his first acts as President. The ramifications of this bill are horrific. If this is the "change" that Obama seeks to deliver, I will not support him. I will not be party to murder.
To find out more about the Freedom of Choice Act, and to sign a petition against it, visit the following link.
http://www.fightfoca.com/
It will only take a few seconds of your time. Do I honestly believe that me signing this petition will change anything, or stop Obama from the course he's on? No. But maybe I can sleep a little better knowing in my gut that I've said my peace, and may the sins be upon his head.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good people do nothing."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
4 comments:
I love you Kelie! Obama is evil. He comes from the old Chicago style politics. We all know how politics are run there!!!
Come on. When have you ever taken a big bowl of sit down and shut up. I know how you're kinda similar to your madre, who is pretty similar to myself, and I find myself wishing I had eaten that bowl many a time.
Way to to take a stand by expressing yourself if nothing else.
Abortion should not be treated like a civil right! Neither should all the regulatory laws that most of us support be done away with. If this is any indication of the way things are going to be done by Obama, then we have 4 long, terrible years ahead.
THANK YOU KELIE! I am with you on this and what I am sure will come in the future. I will support him as long as he makes the right decision but if not...so long fella with my support!
Post a Comment