Saturday, May 9, 2009

Jay Dix 10k

This is my mean, pre-race face. However, it really just came across as looking constipated, so I had to take another, happy face.I ran with my BODYSTEP friend Cindy and so we decided we would both wear our launch outfits from the launch we had a couple months ago. It was funny to see all the people staring at our stripped socks! You don't see socks like that everyday! This is my post-race picture that Jenna took of me when I got home, my trophy held high. I guess when you come in 144th they don't actually give you a trophy, so I had to purchase my own reward. Oh well. My official time was 58 minutes and 31 seconds. I discovered that running outside is in fact harder than running on the treadmill, especially when you're used to a treadmill with an LCD screen TV monitor built into it. Not to mention there are hills and uneven running surfaces!! Anyway, I had a great time and am looking forward to my next 10k, which is tentatively planned for this 4th of July at the Freedom Festival in Provo!

3 comments:

Kleanteeth said...

Hot stuff. 10K, wow. I'be be lucky to get a K in. They should measure all runs in K's instead of miles. So a marathon would sound even farther then it does already.

Kari said...

I hope you don't turn into one of the crazy "running" people. They are a brick shy of a load, in my opinion!

marcie said...

I like the socks!

I'm excited for the Freedom festival run; it should be lots of fun. You should bring the socks to wear in that one too.