Monday, July 30, 2007

What a Hooligan!


Jenna is such a sweet and funny girl, most of the time, and most days I just find myself laughing at one thing after another with her. This picture is of her sneaking into Brooke's pack and play bassinet and getting caught red handed. Yesterday I noticed her lingering near my purse (which just happened to have Starbursts in it) and I asked her, "What are you doing?" She said, "Oh, I'm just standing in the kitchen." Knowing she was up to something I pretended to walk into the computer room, waited a couple of seconds and then, fully expecting to catch her red handed, I popped my head back out to check on her. She was still just standing by the table, staring straight at me with a mischievous look on her face. She said, "No watching me mommy, you just go in the puter (computer) room and stay there for a minute." I just started cracking up!

Then last night she was supposed to be in on her big girl bed going to sleep (we're still struggling with the transition from crib to toddler bed). Anyway, I was eating some cheez-itz on the couch and she strolls out of her bedroom and walks straight up to me and digs her hand into the box and says "oh, you've got some crackers! Thanks mommy." Grabs a handful and strolls back to her bedroom like she's running the show. Maybe these are those type of things where you "had to be there," but they sure made me laugh, which is better than any other emotion as far as I'm concerned!
This picture is of a bracelet I made for Jenna. She's loves picking out a bracelet every morning to go with her outfit (some days they match, some days they don't!) Anyway, today we went to Hobby Lobby (Praise to the Mother Ship!) and she got loads of compliments on her bracelet, which although directed to her, I totally ate up and allowed to feed my feeble ego!



2 comments:

Phillip and Lisa Hill said...

Those are great stories. I've noticed Jacob is happiest when he thinks he is doing something wrong. He loves to go in my bathroom and grab his toothbrush. I yell get back here and he screams with delight. They are such sneakers.

Kleanteeth said...

Reminds me a lot of my kids. Remember when Shawn would neek around your house and eat all of your Dad's Tootsie Rolls. Of course, he's not so good at neeking because you can hear the giggle anywhere. Mei, just like Jenna, just says random things that crack me up all the time. Now that she's older it's not so often, so remember Jenna's well, she'll grow fast.