I love Missouri...I mean, who wouldn't love a state where, instead of snow for Christmas, you get sheets of ice that make driving anywhere pretty much fatal. So, thanks to Mother Nature's little gift, church was canceled today. For kids, this was joyful. For me...it was torture. I HATE the feeling of being almost literally trapped inside. It's weird because there are certainly other days of the week where sometimes I don't leave the house all day, but just knowing that I CAN'T leave the house, even if I wanted to, just really drives me crazy. So, in an effort to stave off boredom and cabin fever, I baked.

This was just one of my "baking projects" today. The best actually, as far as I'm concerned. They are Carmel/vanilla glazed cinnamon rolls and they were yum! Jenna's highlight was when she got to go out in the frozen backyard and experience a little of the ice with Matt. They lasted about 2 minutes, just long enough for me to snaps some photos. We don't have a sled, so instead, Jenna slid down our little hill on my cookie sheet. Once or twice down and she had had enough of Missouri winters, just like her mom.

3 comments:
Amen to that Kelie! Missouri winters STINK! It looks like your sweet rolls turned out better than mine.
When you do buy sleds, go for the inner tubes with the handles. They are way fun.
Way to make lemonade out of lemons.
I watched the news footage of the horrible ice storm and thought about you. Hope you're curled up reading some good books.
Post a Comment