The much talked about and much anticipated Sleeping Beauty Cake. Someone asked me the other day why I would spend so much time making cakes for the girls when I could just buy a princess cake from Wal-mart or Sams Club or something, but seriously, this is my favorite part about birthdays because the girls get so excited about the cakes. Jenna literally plans out her next birthday cake the day after her birthday is over. Not only that, but she remembers her previous birthdays strictly based on what cake I made her that year. I know it takes a lot of time and my back hurts pretty bad when it's all said and done, but it is totally worth it. When Jenna saw this cake she said, "Oh my goodness! I just don't believe it!! It's beautiful mommy!" (Even though this cake is totally jacked up! I definitely learned a few things for the NEXT time I make a princess!! haha)
This was a "wait, what's this...." surprise last present from grandma and grandpa that was waiting in the back of their car. After she had already opened a huge stack of presents, the big daddy was still yet to come!A few things about my newly turned 4 year old:
- She is very sensitive and easily embarrassed and also gets her feeling hurt very easily. I'm not sure if this is just the way all girls are, or if she is especially emotional!
- She is learning to read and does a great job. Every afternoon she and I sit down and do a 15 minute lesson out of a book I have and then she practices writing for 15 minutes. She can read many 3 letter words right now.
- She is becoming a great swimmer. She can dive under the water and swim for about 6 or 7 seconds before she pops back up again. We have a summer pass to the pool at my gym and have been going a ton and I can tell her swimming skills have grown exponentially!
- She has the memory of an elephant and is SO attentive to details. Nothing slips by her! You think you can just skim over things or try and pretend like, Oh I don't know where your picture went honey. And she'll say something like, "Yes you do Mommy! You know you probably threw it in the trash can. I guess I'll go dig it out!" It's getting really hard to fool her anymore!
She really was the perfect first child for us. She was such an easy baby and toddler and was made to be a big sister (bossy! but also helpful and loves to lead). We're definitely blessed to have her funny little self in our family and we try not to forget what a great girl she is.

.jpg)
.jpg)
3 comments:
Great cake again and I bet she was SOOO excited about the bike, that is awesome! Happy Birthday Jenna!
Well after her reaction at Brooke's birthday party, how could there not be a princess bike in the back of Grandma and Grandpa's car!
that photo of her with the glasses on kills me. such a sweetie with such an attitude.
and that cake, Kel. You are amazing!
Post a Comment