Jenna has been earning marbles the past few weeks for doing helpful/kind/obedient things around the house. After she earns 30 marbles she is rewarded by going on a date with either Matt or myself. A couple weeks ago she and Matt went and saw Up as her marble reward and had a really great time. Well, yesterday she hit the 30 marble mark again and decided that for her reward she would like to go on a shopping date with me. I ALWAYS welcome an excuse for shopping, especially one as well deserved as this! Well, we went on our date tonight and had a fantastic time. It's incredible how different kids are on a one on one setting. Jenna is really a pretty good kid in general, she's a little emotional/moody, but for the most part she's a good listener. However, tonight on our date it just reminded me how good and fun she can be and I seriously started thinking that parents with only one kid might just have the right idea....Anyway, I am really loving this new marble system, not because it makes her miraculously obey and do things without being asked all the time (because it doesn't) but because it gives her something to work towards and also gives Matt and I the chance to spend time with her individually. I think it was really fun for her tonight, I know I had a great time anyway. Brooke's been earning marbles too, but really, she's more into the fun of just getting the marble and putting it in her container and hasn't quite figured out that she's missing the big pay off! :)
.jpg)
2 comments:
I remember having Daddy-Daughter dates and they were always fantastic. Granted it was going to get doughnuts or something simple but doing anything by yourself with a parent was so thrilling. Who likes to share attention and affection with a sibling anyway. It's such a great opportunity to bond and draw closer. I'm totally a daddy's girl because of those little dates.
Someone was just telling me a about this the other day-to do with Maddie and I thought it was a great idea-now that your shared your thoughts, I like it even more! Glad it was such a good time!
Post a Comment