Thursday, June 25, 2009

The big 0-4

When your child tells you that they only want one person at their birthday party, my theory is, I need to capitalize on this while I can! That being said, Jenna didn't have a party this year, instead she just took her best little girlfriend Ruthie with us down to the Lake of the Ozarks to this fun place called Minor Mike's. Let me just say, it was a huge hit! Let me also just say, my camera sucks the big one.

Ferris Wheel action.

The bumper cars were hilarious b/c the girls couldn't figure out how to steer and everyone kept bumping them! The second time they road them, Jenna even starting crying b/c everyone kept bumping her.

They preferred to ride these boring dime store horses!! LAME!

Actually, their favorite thing was this roller coaster that I believe they road 15 times. One time they road it 6 times in a row without even getting off. I was dizzy just watching them. Ruthie's face was classic, she always looked scared right when it was ready to start, but only seconds later she was grinning from ear to ear!Brooke was there, you can't tell this is her, but here she is swimming in the ball pit!This picture idea was fun in theory, until Brooke's arm got pulled crooked by Jenna and she ended up sliding the rest of the way down sideways and came off crying.

We had so much fun and the girls were all really good (except for the car ride down there, Brooke cried and wined most of the ride down b/c it was her nap time but she didn't want to nap, she wanted to laugh and giggle with the big girls next to her!) Sunday we're opening presents and I'm making Jenna a Sleeping Beauty cake...so, more birthday action to come.

3 comments:

Tisha said...

We thought about going to Miner Mikes when we were at the lake a few weeks ago, but weren't really sure what it was... we are definitely going next time!
Happy Birthday Jenna!

Jessica said...

It still cracks me up how similar her and Griff are, remember that is exactly what Griff wanted on his 4th b-day as well, just one friend!! But you did something a lot more fun than Bob Evans :) We miss you and hope she has a great b-day! I need your address, I want to send her a little gift -now it is just going to be late!

Holly said...

Ruthie had such a good time. She finally let me take her wristband off last night. She kept talking about the bumper cars in a not so good way. Now I understand. Happy Birthday Jenna!